Celebrate National Coffee Day with HealthSource Chiropractic
In honor of National Coffee Day we urge you to grab a cup of Joe and read these 7 Health Benefits of Coffee:
- MOOD. Depression risk was 20% lower in women who drank 4 daily 8 oz cups of coffee, finds a Harvard School of Public Health study. Caffeine may affect brain chemicals like serotonin and dopamine.
- MEMORY. 200 mg of caffeine-the amount in two 8 oz cups-improved long-term memory in a recent study.
- DIABETES RISK. Drinking six 8-oz cups of coffee daily was linked to a 33% lower risk of Type 2 diabetes, according to Harvard review of 28 studies.
- SKIN. Women who consumed more than 3 cups of coffee a day had a significantly lower risk of basal cell carcinoma in a 2012 study.
- ENERGY. Drink 3 to 4 cups of coffee an hour prior to a workout and you'll go for longer, fins a PLoS One study.
- HEART. 200 to 300 mg of caffeine a day may make your heart perform better by improving blood flow during rest.
- LIVER. Drinking more than 2 cups of coffee a day appears to protect against liver diseases such as cirrhosis.