Recipe of the Day: Greek Style Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 2 tbl coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tbl sliced black olives
- 2 tbl chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place spaghetti squash with cut sides down on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance. Remove squash from oven and set aside to cool.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in oil until tender. Add garlic. Cook and stir until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are warmed through.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash and place in a medium bowl. Toss with the vegetables, feta, olives and basil. Serve warm.