Your family will fall in love with this squash soup!
A squash soup your family is sure to Fall for. It's so simple and can easily be blended using a Vitamix.
Try it out this weekend and let us know what you think! Have a good squash recipe? Share it on our Facebook page!
- 4-5 cups cubed and peeled butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium shallots, peeled and cut in half
- 2 1/2 cups of organic chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chives or small leafed basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine Squash, Olive oil, salt, and shallots into a roasting pan. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool 10 minutes.
- Place squash and ingredients into a stock pot and mix with a stick blender and blend until smooth. If you do not have a stick blender available pour half of the chicken broth and half of the ingredients into a blender, pour into pot and repeat with remaining. You may need to cook for additional time to heat completely. Top with chives or garnish, if desired.