HealthSource of Washington
1825 Washington Rd
Washington, PA 15301
At HealthSource of Washington, PA, we want to be your family chiropractor. Our team's mission is to help you get–and stay–healthier. We do this by starting with a health assessment, then develop a treatment plan focused on effective pain relief and healing. We treat back pain, neck pain, joint pain, arthritis, sciatica, bulging discs, headaches, and many other conditions. And we focus on nutrition and overall wellness to make sure that you stay strong and healthy once we've relieved your pain. We're your chiropractic experts, ready to help you get on the path to being pain free.
Meet Our Local Team of Professionals
Dr. Tara Thomforde, D.C.
Owner and Doctor of HealthSource Washington, PA and Wellsburg, WV
Specializing in Women, Children, Special Needs, Sports Injury, Disc, Degeneration, Headaches, Pre and Post Surgery Rehab, Weight Loss, Rehabilitation Therapy, and Wellness
Education History: Continuing educational seminars in the advancement of chiropractic. December 2002-2011
Logan College of Chiropractic, Chesterfield, MO, Doctorate of Chiropractic, received December 12, 2002.
Logan College of Chiropractic, Chesterfield, MO, Bachelors of Science, received February 2002.
Luther College, Decorah, IA, Management, German and International Business, undergraduate study 1990-1994.
Owner of Riverwood Family Chiropractic Wellsburg WV November 2008 to present
Owner of Keystone Family Chiropractic Washington Pa January 2006 to present
Instructor at Penn Commercial, Washington PA July 2005-2008
Chiropractor and Exam Doctor, York County Chiropractic Yorktown, VA, May 2003-2005.
Instructor, Institute of Health and Healing, Newport News VA, May 2002-2005
Chiropractor and Exam Doctor, Olde Towne Family Chiropractic, Portsmouth, VA October 2002 - May 2003.
Chiropractic Extern with Olde Towne Family Chiropractic and Egan Family Chiropractic October 2002 - December 2002
Successfully completed National Boards 1, 2, 3 and 4
Successfully completed Comprehensive Boards, Logan College of Chiropractic
Successfully completed 145 hours of physical therapy training
Member of Business Network International in Washington, PA
Provider for Single Step Strategies in McMurray, PA
Hold a license to practice Chiropractic in the states of West Virginia and Pennsylvania
Conduct wellness and stress reduction talks and presentations to corporations, small business, clubs, and other groups
Hold in an office Health Care classes as a service to educate patients and the community
Member of the International Chiropractic Association
Member of the West Virginia Chiropractic Society
Active in DARE program to educate children and parents about drug abuse
Actively involved in using office events to generate donations for charities including Toys for Tots, the Salvation Army, St. Vincent de Paul, Angel Tree Network and the American Red Cross
Kira Phillips, L.M.T.
Specializing in Rehab Therapy, Trigger Point Therapy, Myofascial Release, Rock Taping, Reflexology, Sport Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Swedish Massage and Chair Events.
Graduate of Penn Commercial Massage Therapy 2006.
Mom of two wonderful kids. A very adventurous daughter who's into hockey, dance, and gymnastics. A son who is always on the move and enjoys cars.
Kira has been working with special needs children and massage.
LESS STRESS. MORE PLAYING.
Stress has a lot to do with the tension you feel in your shoulders; it can also affect your heart and your blood pressure. Working out muscle tension during a massage makes chronic pain, as well as acute or short-term stress, much easier to let go.
TRIGGER POINT THERAPY
A trigger point is a tight area within muscle tissue that causes pain in other parts of the body. Trigger Point Therapy is specifically designed to alleviate the source of the pain through cycles of isolated pressure and release.
Our most popular therapeutic massage type, the light to medium pressure helps relieve stress, reduce pain, boost mood and promote relaxation.
For athletes of every kind, each therapeutic massage is specific to your sport of choice, with focus on a particular troublesome area like a knee or shoulder.
DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE
Deep Tissue is similar to Swedish massage, but the technique focuses on the deepest layer of muscles to target knots and release chronic muscle tension.
Deb has 18 years of experience in management. She specializes in start up business and take overs. Deb has been married for 26 years with two wonderful young boys turning into men. She is looking into the future of an empty nest.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Maintains office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains office staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Keeps the billing and insurance organized and on task